Saturday, March 3, 2012

So my birthday came and passed, and now I'm 32, but this birthday was great. My wife and I headed out to Huntington Beach on the 29th to celebrate both of our birthdays. We started off walking the shops on Main St. down by the pier. Electric Chair is always a great stop, picked up a Lucky 13 jacket and shirt, and a sterling silver razorblade necklace for the wife, then we headed over to this hat shop ran by the artist Mantooth. Then we hit BJ's Pizza & Grill, (phone number 714/374-2224) on Main St. for dinner. If you haven't eaten there, I recommend you stop in. Huge servings of everything. We ordered their Best Beginnings sampler (Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Mozzarella Sticks,
Avocado Egg Rolls and Santa Fe Spring Rolls.), then we ordered their Great White deep dish pizza (Rich and creamy Alfredo sauce with mushrooms, garlic, seasoned tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and grilled chicken breast on a garlic bread style crust). AMAZING! The, because my wife mentioned it was my birthday, I got a free Pizookie (Basically a fresh made cookie topped with a couple of scoops of ice cream) which was also amazing. Then we headed out to go walk the pier. We then headed back over to Main St. to IHOP to get some hot chocolate. After that we headed over to this awesome bar called 2nd Floor, which is like a tattoo art gallery as well as a pretty badass bar. We got to see a sort of improve three piece band play which consisted of a cello player, a violinist, and an acoustic guitar player. They sounded beautiful and I watched as my wife lost herself in the music. Then, I surprised her with a single long stem rose. This was a perfect night with the perfect woman. Best birthday yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment